Friday, December 01, 2006

The perfect husband I

Be ready people this is going to be a ridiculously long post lol... or maybe I should do a part "deux". I woke up this morning thinking "I have the perfect husband", and I am sure a lot of wives think the same thing. So what I did was I googled 'perfect husband' just to see what people thought, and I got this post that I am going to copy and paste so you guys can read it:

I have the best husband in the world
I don’t watch movies. I hate movies because I am a realist and I find it very difficult to escape into fantasy when I know that the movie is not real. But then again I am odd.
However, every now and then I will watch a video if there absolutely nothing else to do. There is one line from a movie that had a profound effect on me. It was when Robin Williams was speaking to Matt Damon about his deceased wife in Good Will Hunting. He was telling Matt how happy they were etc and Matt said ‘she sounds perfect, was she?’. (I think they were speaking about whether you could live happily ever after with a life partner). And Robin said something like “no, she wasn’t perfect, she burped or farted (or whatever, can’t remember, not important), but she was perfect for me”.
Wow. That was so enlightening for me. Silly maybe, but I had always wondered the same thing. No one was perfect therefore would I ever find the ‘one’? This was obviously before meeting my husband.
I now know I have the perfect husband for me. He is not perfect by a long shot. He is stubborn, he is totally unromantic and undemonstrative. He does not say I love you very much, he does not talk about feelings, we hardly hug or kiss, we are just not touchy feely people. If I say ‘give me a kiss’, he will (half-jokingly) say ‘but I gave you a kiss this morning’. In fact we each have our own 'half' of the bed and the other person is not allowed to come in your half. Many nights you will hear a screetch "your foot is in my half". I have got up to measure the bed with a tape measure before, to work whether his foot was really in my half or not. My friends think we are a very odd couple. But he is perfect for me. He is exactly the kind of husband I need.
In the beginning, when we first got married, he was very strict, very hard. After a BFN he would get upset with me for getting upset, he would shout at me “if this is how you are going to react then I am not going through this again”. Over the years he has grown and changed so much.


I totally relate with this woman even though I've only been married for 2 months and from her background I realise she's been marrie dfor 5 years. This morning I had a question when I woke up so I called my husband and asked him about it, and I was amazed at the way he answered me and took care of my heart. It just hit me that we truly have a great connection. He is not perfect, he's perfect for me !!! And there are so many things about my husband that someone else might not get and same with me yet together its like I am a reflection of him and he's a reflection of me because of how easily we understand each other. I will continue searching and researching what people say about the perfect husband, and to a certain extent the perfect marriage (even though there is no such thing). I'll keep looking !!!

6 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger k a r e n said...

awww... i love this post. =)

you and steve are perfect together.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Marieseda said...

Your post kind of makes me think of the scene in Bridget Jones Diary where they say:

Mark Darcy: I like you, very much.
Bridget: Ah, apart from the smoking and the drinking, the vulgar mother and... ah, the verbal diarrhea.
Mark Darcy: No, I like you very much. Just as you are.

The "Just as you are." is the important part. I think it's crucial that you take some just as they are not how or what you see them becoming.

And as perfect as you and Steve may be together, I still maintain that had I been a man you and I would have made quite the power couple.

Wow, awkward!!

I think that’s enough verbal diarrhea for today.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

Awww Tina did you just propose?

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger k a r e n said...

I agree with you Tina when you say that your partner should accept you for who you are.

I really feel bad when I come across a person who is constantly trying to change me.

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger kristin said...

oh i love that scene from bridget jones... 'just the way you are.' and her friends repeating that line at dinner later so he knows she talked about him. so great.

well now I will just get on the bandwagon... you got the perfect husband for you. but he got the perfect wife for him too.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Sj said...

Kristin knows Suzy. She knows from where she speaks! haha

But really on this post it's interesting how what this woman says is odd for me to think of ever having to deal with but as an overall view of HOW to deal, or HOW she feels even IF dealing with this stuff.. well that I can understand!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home